• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installed Rubix Focused 1.0, having usb issues

G13Sol

Lurker
Oct 21, 2010
I installed the ROM fresh last night,wiped the data and cache, my friend did the same thing also, now neither one of us can charge via USB, when we plug in the phones to our comps the phone doesn't even say its connected so the menu for "Mass Storage" or "Charging" doesn't appear on the notification bar. We have the the latest moto drivers and everything, is there something we're supposed to turn on or something? The only time it charges is when plugged into the wall, can't access SD card or anything. Anyone else have this issue?

Yes - I also had the problem. So if you successfully installed the drivers originally you can search for "Motorola Driver Installer.exe" on your computer. I used the "clean and reinstall" option while my phone was plugged in and nothing happened. But when I unplugged and replugged, they installed. (all but one - "MTP USB failed").

good luck

Upvote 0
I tried reinstalling the moto drivers and rebooting my PC but that didn't help. I noticed that when I plug my phone in, the screen lights up as if it knows it's plugged in, but I never get any notifications or anything, and it never starts charging. I also tried it on a different PC that my phone had never been plugged into (so it didn't have any drivers), but same thing. I'm going to link back to this thread on another post and see if anyone else is having this issue. I have a theme installed so I may go so far as to do a backup and see if it works on fresh rubux.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones