1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Installed VLC direct but it's not what i want

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by rapattack, Jul 19, 2011.

1. rapattack

rapattack Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Hi i have music and some videos on my sd card and just need a media player that recognises all formats. I have used VLC on windows and Linux. My desktop machines for years and it's better than anything else. I don't understand the whole direct and remote versions etc on android and what they do. I opened the version i have installed and it wouldn't work without a wifi connection which is not what i want. I just want to play the music i have. The player that comes with this device doesn't recognise many of my files. They are all mp3 and still it errors when i go to play them saying that they are unrecognised files types. I have no problem playing any of them on windows and linux. I transferred them via my windows machine using drag and drop. I think i had to do it putting the sd card in a card reader. Can't quite remember. What is the ideal situation for me to do this as i am new to android and this model phone?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. Usta

Usta Android Expert
    None

Jul 8, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Try MoboPlayer or VitalPlayer instead. These are also able to recognize and play multiple format video. VLC player as such is not there (yet) on Android.

3. rapattack

rapattack Lurker
    None

Jul 19, 2011
    Oh thanks so much. I will try them when next at a wifi free hotspot. I haven't worked out how to activate my modem so it has wifi access at home as ethernet is what i use. I don't have a data account on the phone so this is the only way i think i get apps.