• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

installing android apps

hey i am getting my android mobile within 2 days, since the phone has a limited small amount of internal memory i had a question in mind that can android applications be installed in the memory card instead of internal phone memory ?????? will they work if installed in memory card?? while installing do we get any option for installing it in memory card or internal memory ?? please do help guys waiting fr ur reply !! thanks in advance !! :D

I believe the wildfire has received an update to android 2.2, which does allow you to install apps to the sdcard yes. You don't get to pick upon installation, you have to go into Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications, click on an app and then hit the option to move it to the sdcard.

Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: legendkiller24
Upvote 0
I believe the wildfire has received an update to android 2.2, which does allow you to install apps to the sdcard yes. You don't get to pick upon installation, you have to go into Settings >> Applications >> Manage Applications, click on an app and then hit the option to move it to the sdcard.

Welcome to the forum!

thanks a lot !! :) but i am not sure which android version i will get !! i have heard wildfire comes with 2.1 OS. can wildfire be updates to 2.2 ??

Upvote 0
thanks a lot !! :) but i am not sure which android version i will get !! i have heard wildfire comes with 2.1 OS. can wildfire be updates to 2.2 ??

On this page of HTC's website, 6th one down, they mention that an over-the-air update of 2.2 is available for the wildfire.

Update – HTC Wildfire (Android 2.2) Firmware Over The Air (FOTA) update
Your phone will receive a notification of FOTA update when it is made available. Simply press OK to accept the update via a data connection such as Wi-Fi or GPRS/3G. After installing the update, you can confirm a successful update by confirming the Build number (From the Home Screen go to MENU> Settings> About Phone> Software Information> Build number). The new Build number after the update will be 2.22.405.1. Update: Android 2.2 update. Note:Please back up your data first before upgrading your phone. We recommend using a free Wi-Fi hotspot or an unlimited data plan to apply this update. If not, standard data connection charges may apply. For any questions, please contact us at HTC ? Support ? Customer Service ? Support via Hotline

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones