1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Installing app on a downloaded ROM

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by electrontube, May 25, 2017.

1. electrontube

electrontube Lurker

I hope I'm not going to get butchered with my question even it sounds very simple but I cannot figure it out I try to download some of these ROMs from the files here and there not the Metro PCS ROMs after I downloaded them for example like the Pac-Man ROM I could not install an app from the App Store from Google I could not find the app application on the phone and I could not install one so how are you supposed to download apps from the Google App Store to install on the Pac-Man ROM what Tire King like Bank of America we're talking like WhatsApp Etc

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

When you flashed the ROM, did you flash the gapps package afterwards?

Jfalls63 likes this.
  3. electrontube

electrontube Lurker

No I did not.. I have no idea what is that and what they do.... Really Did not know I need to do that..what gapps package.. Where to get it from... And do they come in different forms.... For different phones... Or Roms

4. GApps is short for Google Apps. It is a separate download which contains all the applications and information your phone needs to access the Playstore. They are flashed to the device after flashing the ROM.
    http://opengapps.org
    Be sure to select the same version as the Android version of the ROM.

Jfalls63 and El Presidente like this.
  5. electrontube

electrontube Lurker

Thank you much for the information.. So I was thinking to download a rom for the ZTE zmax metro... Something basic works... Good no freezing... With out the metro pcs programs... Etc any recommendation... If you would and what... Gapps would go with it...

6. I always just go with "pico" bare minimum.

Jfalls63 and El Presidente like this.
  7. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Where did you download the ROM from? The developer normally recommends a specific package (or will provide one). If you give us a link to wherever you got the download from, that would help.

Bg260 and Jfalls63 like this.
  8. electrontube

electrontube Lurker

I down loaded few ROMs... From XDA forums,.. Did Google search and took me there... There was few ROMs... I downloaded them... Didn't see info or I don't know where to look regarding what gapps to install... How ever for info did the job.. I installed a ROM called slim 502 alpha 1.0 unofficial... And installed the pico gapps thank you...
    Of you don't mind me asking this please... My phone was rooted I have twrp installed recovery
    How ever know that I installed this ROM my root checker say I'm not rooted properly... Can't install busy box... So do I need or how to root this ROM... Or what to do to make this rom take apps that are require root