• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing apps from you computer to droid?

janylor_84

Lurker
Sep 1, 2010
How do you install the .apk files from your computer to the Xperia x10? I installed Astro and loaded an app in there then tried to install it and it comes up with.
For Security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not sourced in Android Market.
How can I get around this?

Which tel co are you with?

In Menu>Settings>Applications do you have the box for unknown sources? Some phone companies have removed this. If you have it then tick it to allow install of non-market apps. If not the PC based programme recommended above will help.

http://www.androidcentral.com/sideload-android-apps-all-you-want-sideload-wonder-machine

On a file manager front someone once told me that the file manager Linda is better at installing than Astro. I have both as a consequence because they have their own areas of expertise.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones