• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing Apps on Rooted Phones

nicemann

Mar 17, 2011
Ok really stupid question I know....I just rooted my Samsung Droid Charge. When I go to the Android Market online and I pick an app like "wireless tether for root" it says it is not compatible with my device. I go to my phone search for it on the market and it does not show.

Like I said really stupid question, but once the phone is rooted how do we install the new programs on it?

Thanks!

Ok really stupid question I know....I just rooted my Samsung Droid Charge. When I go to the Android Market online and I pick an app like "wireless tether for root" it says it is not compatible with my device. I go to my phone search for it on the market and it does not show.

Like I said really stupid question, but once the phone is rooted how do we install the new programs on it?

Thanks!
The app you're trying to install may only be available for phones running a specific version of android and your phone isn't running the required version. Just a guess but I know developers can lock their apps to certain versions of android.

Have you tried installing any other apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones