1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Installing Apps & permisions

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by rzozaya1969, Jun 6, 2011.

1. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    I have a question when I'm at the Android Market, and the app then display me which access I need to grant it in order to work.

When I click on accept, it means that access is only for that application, right? And when it has the option to unlimited internet access, it means that, if I'm not on wi-fi and I have turned off the package transmit option, when I'm not on a wi-fi it won't access the net, right?

I'm pretty much sure this is how it works, but I don't want to assume now and then have my bill increased because I didn't understood it well.

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    Yes, thats why each app asks your permission for different things.

Correct, if you have wifi and 3g off, that app wont be able to access the internet, and thus will probably not do what its supposed to.

3. sweeds

sweeds Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    When you accept an application's access permissions, those rights are applied to that individual application only. Each app has its own rights that you need to agree to.

The network communications permission "Full Internet Access", I assume, allows the app to use a theoretical unlimited amount of data as long as it's open. It is unrestricted in download/uploads. If you are not on an unlimited data plan, be weary of apps that run in the background.

If somebody else can confirm this, that would be great. :cool: