• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing Apps to SD Card vs. Internal Memory

Not all apps can be installed to an sd card. Apps2sd is a good app that will tell you what apps can be installed to sd. However, some like live wallpaper can be stored on sd, but wiil really slow down. One bug with ICS on a galaxy tab2 will not allow you to transfer apps to an sd card. Dont know if that will be a bug on the Maxx when it gets ICS. Most likely it will be a problem.

Upvote 0
Apps2sd is a good workaround for older phones with limited storage. Max does not have need of it. Everything will run better on internal storage.

I dont know about that. If you look at the storage on the MAXX, you will see that you have less than 3GB of available storage for applications. I only added about 15 apps to the pre installed bloatware, and I only have 2.49 GB left for applications and 4 of those apps are on the sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones