• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root installing custom rom on e16i w8

dionisio

Lurker
Nov 23, 2011
hello, can anyone help me i always got this message when installing custom rom on my w8 walkman, my phone is rooted and xrecovery installed "this baseband is not compatible with this ROM update to baseband: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015"

my phone:
firmware version: 2.1update1
baseband version: M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-53404015
kernel version: 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1
build number: 2.1.1.A.0.53

pls guys help me with this problem im new in android

Reactions: gaganchowdhary
This is my first post,
I had the same problem, tried upgrading to 2.3.5 GingerXperia & got bricked, i.e. stuck at booting of my W8, got the solution after extensive search on line, downloaded FlashTool_0.2.9.1 and downloaded Firmware as given in

Google: Recovering Dead/Bricked phone.

flashed the cell by following the instructions
Procedure:
1.Dont Panic!
2.Flash this ftf file using Flash Tool.
[ Detailed post on how to flash ftf files.
3.Root phone using SuperOneClick.
4.Install Xrecovery. - View Post.
5.Restore your original backup image.
6.Done. :)

similarly same tool can be used to flash & change the base band, now I can install gingerbread all versions in a "Flash" btw I have tried all the versions upto V19 & each has some problem or the other, most give problem with blue tooth audio playback on my car receiver, finally GingerXperia V14 was the perfect one. works great, neat settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones