• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Installing cyanogenmod help

KayHai

Jan 26, 2012
I tried installing cyanogenmod 7 on my nook color but was unsuccessful with a looping cyanogen android. But that not the problem... I had created the bootable micro SD card and stupidly deleted everything on it. So now making another boot from win32diskimager will give me an error. I tried formatting my SD card but that doesnt work, any help here? or at least another method for making a boot on it???

after I installed cm7 on my brand new NC and had booted it up to the homescreen for the first time and i had tried to go into the settings but that didnt work, then discovered that the whole screen wasnt working. i had used the OS that the NC comes with and the screen was working fine then. has anyone else had this problem that could help in any way? I REALLY dont want to return this thing. and i really dont want one of the B&N employees ask me what cyanogenmod is

Upvote 0
So you did an internal install or a sd card install?

SD install

actually... I still have a problem, my nook color doesnt seem to want to boot from the SD card, any help?

So this ISN'T installed on the sdcard? You used the sdcard to install the rom ON your NC, right?

Sdcard install means if you pull out the sdcard, you boot the stock rom or whatever's installed on your NC. It means you have one rom on the sdcard and one on your NC and can boot into either one. (Sounds like fun, but it's a lot more work and easily trashed.)

Emmc install means you need an sdcard to install your rom initially, but the sdcard is used only to install initially and later to repair or return to stock if your rom is unbootable.

Reactions: KayHai
Upvote 0
All you can do is reflash your sdcard image. What size sdcard do you have?

http://androidforums.com/nookcolor-...od-recovery-twrp-version-3-2-0-1-sd-card.html

If you can't get the CWM version to work, you can try the TWRP, but they're basically the same image with just one file changed. TWRP uses the touch screen, CWM uses the buttons.

When you flash the rom, what does it do or say?

Does it take a couple minutes to flash?

Make sure you close out all your Windows Explorer windows (windows that show files on your pc) or you'll get an error.

Upvote 0
1. Flash the image to the card. If no errors.
2. Stick it in your NC (carefully, the slot is fragile).
3. Turn on your NC.
4. If you see the skulls, it's working. Copy your files to it and install/repair CM7
5. No skulls, figure out what you're doing wrong.

You got it installed once so you're on the right track.

You also could pick up a new 1 or 2 gb sdcard for this and save it and use your 8 gb for data for CM7 once you get it installed.

Upvote 0
god damn, alright, just one more question and I should be done, I put the files in before making it a boot, burning erases the files, but its impossible for me to put in the files after burning because windows 7 requires me to format the drive. so now I just erased everything on my nook not knowing that I didnt have cm7 on D:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones