1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Installing Cyanogenmod without Clockwork Recovery Mod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by leetierney, Mar 16, 2013.

1. leetierney

leetierney Lurker

Hello.
    About a month ago,I ran into a problem with my Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile smartphone.I had rooted my phone and was preparing to install Cyanogen Mod onto the phone.I entered recovery mode and attempted to install the cyanogen mod zip file onto the phone.

I accidentally mis-read the tutorial on how to install cyanogen mod onto the phone.I skipped over the part of the post which stated that Clockwork Recovery Mod was needed in order to install cyanogen mod.I attempted to install cyanogen mod and in doing so more or less bricked my phone.

I am completely new to the rooting side of Android and this event was my first encounter with rooting/cyanogen mod.

I know that the Android community is extremely helpful in relation to problems occuring when rooted and was hoping somebody could help me with my problem.

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert

Moved to the Ace - All Things Root forum where it will get more attention.

3. Powie21

Powie21 Newbie

Try following the forum's "go from cm7 back to offical gingerbread (guide)" sticky.
    If you can get back to gingerbread then do some more reading and have another go at CM7.

4. ayush29k

ayush29k Android Expert

You need to read more before attempting anything, cyanogenmod is just another rom, first learn the basics of how to flash roms/scripts/patches or mods, how to use recovery and basic information about kernels, recoveries, roms etc.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12874680#post12874680

Search these forums, everything you need is already available, its a 2 year old device.