1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support installing drivers

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Meduza, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Meduza

Meduza Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    student
    london
    Hi, I am brand new to the android world. With my previous LG Renoir I have just connected the phone with my laptop via USB cable and followed the instructions to install the drivers. By launching them I could access the contents of the phone from my laptop.
    With my Samsung Galaxy S2, everytime I connect it to my laptop for charging it shows message that the driver or software is being installed and at the end installed successfully. But I cannot find the icon on the laptop screen to download things to or from the mobile phone.

In the recent past I have been prompted to insert CD with software, which I do not have. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    *moved to the Samsung Galaxy S2 forum*

If all you require is file transfer, when you plug your phone in, you should see a USB connected icon in the notification bar. Pull that down and select connect as storage. Your Phone's SD memory will show up on your PC as a removable drive. Copy files to and from there and you will be fine.

Samsung Phone also has a sync'ing suite called 'Kies'. Outside of the US is sync's the entire phone, but in the US it's for firmware updates only.

3. Meduza

Meduza Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    student
    london
    thanx. i also needed to install the kies to my laptop.

4. piels82

piels82 Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    i have kies but mine is called keis air u can transfer files from ur phone to ur pc or from pc to the phone via wirelesly all u have to do is sit next to pc on phone select kies air not sure if it is standard app for all s2 but im sure u can find it in market if not
    on ur phone it will give u a http address to enter in ur address bar enter it and hit enter ur gs2 will ask u if u want to allow.from there its self explanitory all ur apps and files will show on pc screen

5. piels82

piels82 Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    no u dont have to install to ur pc

6. Meduza

Meduza Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    student
    london
    i believe i did not have to, but i have searched what failed to be installed and downloaded the driver. it looks more managable than when i access the phone as it is :)

on top of this - there still shows that something failed to be installed. cannot remember now what it was precisely.

i know how: samsung mobile MTP device.
    what is it? why does it always fail to be installed?

7. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    I think that one is only used by Kies. Try running it when connected via USB and see if the MTP driver installs.