• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root installing in recovery looks weird

I want to make sure that this is ok or not. Whenever I'm installing something through CWM recovery (green first, now with the red), whenever it looks like its loading up the splash of whatever i'm installing, it looks like its freaking out with huge letters that don't make sense, then after a couple seconds it says installed. I've had some minor issues with the SC 0.9 DJ05 rom(random button pushing; sometimes says safe mode on the bottom left), but I wanted to make sure if this is normal. Coming from the D1 and the Eris, I've never seen it do this in recovery. Thanks in advance.

I want to make sure that this is ok or not. Whenever I'm installing something through CWM recovery (green first, now with the red), whenever it looks like its loading up the splash of whatever i'm installing, it looks like its freaking out with huge letters that don't make sense, then after a couple seconds it says installed. I've had some minor issues with the SC 0.9 DJ05 rom(random button pushing; sometimes says safe mode on the bottom left), but I wanted to make sure if this is normal. Coming from the D1 and the Eris, I've never seen it do this in recovery. Thanks in advance.

If you are flashing anything with a kernel the words splashing on the screen are completely normal....you cam thank samsung for that one. :)

Reactions: selvikin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones