• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing MP3's from my PC to my Epic.

Orlando Boom

Oct 10, 2010
Well anyway I don't know why this is so hard but it might just be my pc computer...

1. First I couldn't get my EPIC to show Mass Storage after hooking it up to my PC using some aftermarket USB cable. After viewing online for answers, I saw that some people corrected this by using the the USB cord it came with and i was like "WHAT CABLE?" Yeah I didn't know the electrical cord that connects to the wall is a secret USB cable. Okay problem solved....

2. Well I connected using the Samsung cable and all of a sudden I get a message saying "USB Device Not recognized, One of the USB Devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." Again after reading online for answers, I learned to just detach the cable and re do it. Well after getting annoyed I detached like 50 straight times and finally it took it. Crazy huh? I was trying to redo this again and the same problem occurred. Took me lots of reconnects and a few times I took it but my computer didn't detect it. UGH! Is there a problem with my cord or another simple solution?

3. So I got another snag which might be a PC problem is I finally see the SD card in My Computer but I didn't see anything in it. Didn't think nothing of it and was looking forward to dragging and dropping my songs into my EPIC and than I got a message saying "Cannot copy xxx: Cannot find specific file. Make sure you specify the correct path and file name" Is this my PC or is my EPIC just all bad?

So many problems just to transfer a few songs to my EPIC. UGH!

Didn't work. I installed the drivers and I still get the "USB Device Not recognized, One of the USB Devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." Windows tell me to reattach again or replace the unit. Do I have a bad cable? Cell phone? I literally have to disconnect and connect like 50 times before it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones