1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root installing new facebook app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gallandof, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Im running ud1.0 and I cant install the new facebook app that was released a little while ago, I get package is not signed correctly, I tried wiping data too.

Advertisement

2. Rollo_Tomasi

Rollo_Tomasi Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    IT Tech Support
    Washington DC
    I am running LFY 1.7.1 and it also tells me that the installation is unsuccessful...

Is this something that might have to be built into a new ROM to get to work? According to the posts I read they knew that the Facebook for Android app was a bit "behind" and this update would bring it some of the features that the iOS version has had for a time now..

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    It can't be the ROM because mine installed without a hitch... hmmm

4. hmm maybe its the kernel, im running stock. ill try a different one.imma try clearing cache and then app data agan

5. market wipe didnt work. now to try deleting it through tibu.

after uninstall i get incompatible update instead.

6. I went back to stock and unrooted. None of these roms worked with my phone. I downloaded FB app no problem. Its much better than what it was. It has an icon for places and groups now.

7. Froid

Froid Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Georgia
    I was having the same problem and I solved it by using Terminal Emulator to remove the old FB app, rebooted the phone and then it installed fine.

droidberg likes this.
  8. Poloki

Poloki Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Male
    Hackettstown, NJ
    I am running MIUI and it updated with no problem.

9. droidberg

droidberg Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    I was having the same problem, running the new LFY with the update on a Moto Droid. I used TiBu to uninstall the Facebook app, rebooted, and it installed afterward first shot.

10. pottlepaul

pottlepaul Member

Aug 14, 2010
    I had the same problem. I used the God Mode in UD under Settings -> Ultimate Droid -> Quick Commands and then used astro to rename the facebook.apk in /system/app to facebook.bak. I then restarted my phone and the install went perfect.

11. pbwhite

pbwhite Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Same issue with both .apk for youtube and facebook. Solved by using TiBU to delete, and then a reboot followed by market install went fine.