• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help installing non market apps

I am trying to also install the Amazon App Store. My Nook Color has been nooted with ManualNooter 4-5-18 and 4-6-16, per instructions found through InspiredGeek.

I have combed through the Nook Color Tools app, but can't seem to find where in there I can allow non-market installs. Help!!!
Be aware that you've resurrected a thread that's nearly a year old. A few things have changed, so make sure you're aware of the differences between versions (see below).

What version of B&N firmware are you running? The procedures change between 1.2, 1.3 and (particularly) 1.4. If you used MN 4-5-18 and 4-6-16, I assume you are on 1.3. If not, you may have problems.

The necessary checkbox is at the top of Nook Color Tools. Unfortunately, there are some interface issues with rooted B&N, so the text is white on a white background. You need to toggle the "mystery checkbox" at the top of the screen by clearing it, then re-checking it. This will enable the installation of non-Market apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones