• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root installing roms

seadams

Aug 4, 2010
ok i rooted my 2.1 today, and now want to go to 2.2 i am guessing i can use the frg22 used here http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/141116-guide-rooting-2-2-windows-linux.html

do i need to do a Wipe data/factory reset? i am asking because of this

icon1.gif
ATTENTION: Running Android 2.1? BIG READ ME!
Attention: It is highly recommend that any Verizon Wireless Android device running on Android 2.1 do not perform a factory reset/ data wipe. If you do, you will lose your 3G data service and you will not be able to regain it. Reports of this issue have been swarming since yesterday. This has been replicated multiple times with the LG Ally, HTC Droid Eris, Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible, and the Droid X. The only Verizon Wireless Android device not affected is the Motorola Devour. This information comes to me from a source within Verizon Wireless. I am told that the highest level technicians at VZW are absolutely puzzled about what is causing this. There is nothing wrong with Verizon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones