1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Installing Shapewriter?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Langley, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Langley

Langley Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Ok this is my first Android phone and switch from my iPhone so got a bit of learning to do. I downloaded Shapewriter off the marketplace and then went to settings>Keyboard> and made sure Shapewriter was checked yet when I goto do a text message the stock keyboard comes up.

Any help on how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. sentra99

sentra99 New Member

Jun 2, 2010
    when you click to type something just hold your finger down input methods options should pop up

3. jtemple42000

jtemple42000 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    I am having the same problem with Swype. My parents have Motorola Droids. I put swype on their phones with no problem. On their phones, I went to the settings > language & keyboard > deselected the default keyboard and selected Swype and it works great.

On the Evo, there does not appear to be a option to deselect the stock keyboard....the options inside the keyboard settings are different.

4. jtemple42000

May 21, 2010

Thank you, that worked, unfortunately, Swype was not built for a screen this big.....guess I'll try Shapewriter...

5. Eternal_XTC

Eternal_XTC Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Nurse Technician
    Missouri
    Forget shapewriter Swype is amazing!

6. Eternal_XTC

Eternal_XTC Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Nurse Technician
    Missouri
    In a text message hold down then input method will come up and you can select Swype

7. jtemple42000

May 21, 2010
    I prefer Swype too, but the beta file I have is not formatted for the Evos' screen size and doesn't appear to be working properly. I keep getting a error about the screen size and to contact Swype....

Shapewriter will have to work until I find a better dl for Swype or they open the beta program back up.

8. rjjr2531

rjjr2531 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    dallas,tx
    i just used this app for the first time and within 2 minutes i was texting faster than ever..i feel like this app is a perfect match with this fast phone and only makes my experience with the evo that much greater!!! but how can i ALL CAP SOMETHING>>> lol

9. Eternal_XTC

Eternal_XTC Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Nurse Technician
    Missouri

Hmm strange let me send you a link. I put mine on my EVO I can see how it would be hard to use in landscape but in portrait I am amazed...

Swype for the EVO? - xda-developers

try that! It works a-ok for me.

10. Eternal_XTC

Eternal_XTC Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Nurse Technician
    Missouri

caps is srs bizniss

11. Langley

Langley Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Worked great. Thanks for the help!!