• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing Sprint ZVJ Update After Root

eljefe883

Lurker
Nov 11, 2012
So I just rooted my Credo Mobile/Sprint LG Optimus S and that went fine. I had the ZVJ update already installed so I downgraded to ZVD and ran the root as the excellent guide in this forum stated. The only reason I rooted was to be able to eliminate the Sprint bloatware/unused system apps and free up internal memory. I am not interested in installing any custom ROMs. My question is that, if I now re-accept the ZVJ update, will it reinstall the system apps I uninstalled with Titanium Backup and eliminate my superuser root access or will it just update the apps that I have left on the phone and not mess with anything that has been eliminated? Thanx.

So I just rooted my Credo Mobile/Sprint LG Optimus S and that went fine. I had the ZVJ update already installed so I downgraded to ZVD and ran the root as the excellent guide in this forum stated. The only reason I rooted was to be able to eliminate the Sprint bloatware/unused system apps and free up internal memory. I am not interested in installing any custom ROMs. My question is that, if I now re-accept the ZVJ update, will it reinstall the system apps I uninstalled with Titanium Backup and eliminate my superuser root access or will it just update the apps that I have left on the phone and not mess with anything that has been eliminated? Thanx.

It'll reinstall the apps you removed for sure but if you use optiauto to update to zvj you won't loose root. It's in the stickies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones