• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing the OTA 2.1 file

that pretty much verifies that v3 = OTA

For now. Although the system is cross-referencing version numbers. (Which is why you cannot install a v1 or v2 leak over v3.) I believe that v3 and OTA are pretty much one and the same, albeit with minor differences.

I'm waiting for confirmation, though, from someone that has seen and used v3 before upgrading either their current device or another device they have on hand to OTA.

Upvote 0
I guess everyone on v3 leak (considering ota is the same) can go up to a verizon store and say my "phones acting wierd" now right? lol (dialer lag, 50% without, etc)

Will we be given a new phone or a refurb? My phone is in 100% mint condition and I'm not about to accept any form of damage on a refurb, especially when it's their official update causing the issues.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I think I may be on to something here. I think the v3 leak may have the PRL hard coded into the system and therefore potentially the cause of the 50% issue?

With the leak v3 - it seems everyone has the same PRL - 51866

My PRL prior to installing the leak was 51892 - not sure why it's different now

arothrock is now at 51893

If PRL is supposed to be location based, then v3 leakers around the country should have different PRLs...
I'm in NY
xxfrozen, where are you?
arothrock, where are you?

Upvote 0
Ok, so I think I may be on to something here. I think the v3 leak may have the PRL hard coded into the system and therefore potentially the cause of the 50% issue?

If PRL is supposed to be location based, then v3 leakers around the country should have different PRLs...
I'm in NY
xxfrozen, where are you?

State College, PA

Upvote 0

I'm in NY
xxfrozen, where are you?

I have the v3 leak and I live in Maine. My PRL is 51866

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones