• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Installing the OTA 2.1 file

Ok, so I think I may be on to something here. I think the v3 leak may have the PRL hard coded into the system and therefore potentially the cause of the 50% issue?

With the leak v3 - it seems everyone has the same PRL - 51866

My PRL prior to installing the leak was 51892 - not sure why it's different now

arothrock is now at 51893

If PRL is supposed to be location based, then v3 leakers around the country should have different PRLs...
I'm in NY
xxfrozen, where are you?
arothrock, where are you?

I don't beleive this to be true, because I manually installed a different PRL and still get the 50% problem. The issue as I understand from Framework over at XDA is that there is a bug defaulting to look for GSM towers instead of CDMA towers.

Upvote 0
By the way, walk me though exactly were i place the update file from the time i click open to view files on my pc

You'll need to mount your eris to your computer, mine came up as drive F:\

Just put the update.zip file in the root of your Eris' SD card drive.

So it would be like \\sdcard\update.zip or f:\update.zip

Make sure you have "hide file extensions for known file types" unchecked in your windows settings. Because if you can't see your file extensions, you might be calling it: update.zip.zip and i'm not sure if that would work.

Upvote 0
Reason it's failing on the v3 leak is that the patch/update command verifies that the files are already up-to-date and nothing needs to be done.

PRL means very little also. The PRL can be updated at anytime. If you do a *228, option 1 or 2, you are likely to get a current (newer) PRL than what's in the download file.

Upvote 0
yes, everyones prl is different.

you can manually load prl's, but when you for a *228 option 2 it will be overwritten

Yes, they should be different. My theory (or should I say hunch) though is that everyone who is on v3 and has done the *228 option 2, is now on the same PRL, which is 51866, regardless of location

Not sure why, and not sure if this is causing any problems or not.

Upvote 0
Reason it's failing on the v3 leak is that the patch/update command verifies that the files are already up-to-date and nothing needs to be done.

PRL means very little also. The PRL can be updated at anytime. If you do a *228, option 1 or 2, you are likely to get a current (newer) PRL than what's in the download file.

If this were true how come I get the exact error message on V2 leak?

Upvote 0
what im trying to figure out is what my sd card is called what i have to click on to get tithe root of it as well? btw also have hboot 1.47 on stock 1.5

You'll need to mount your eris to your computer, mine came up as drive F:\

Just put the update.zip file in the root of your Eris' SD card drive.

So it would be like \\sdcard\update.zip or f:\update.zip

Make sure you have "hide file extensions for known file types" unchecked in your windows settings. Because if you can't see your file extensions, you might be calling it: update.zip.zip and i'm not sure if that would work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones