1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

INSTANT blog notification

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jcrow97, Dec 6, 2013.

1. jcrow97

jcrow97 Lurker

Hey Friends
    I'm in desperate desperate need of an app that is a suitable replacement for Google reader, I've been scouring all the sources for something that can give me INSTANT blog notifications or alert. I've tried many apps but all would give me alerts hours after a post was made. Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

There's no central "there's a new post on Blog X" location on the internet, so the app would have to poll each of the blogs you're interested in as often as you want the delay between the post and the notification - say 100 blogs every second? Aside from running your battery down from 100% to 0% in half an hour or so, your carrier wouldn't be very happy with you even if you paid for all the data you used - you'd be bringing their network to a crawl.

About the best you can do, if all the blogs you're interested in run Atom or RSS, is to get a good RSS reader and put up with the delay. The internet just isn't set up for thousands of people to get instant notifications of thousands of different (and individually chosen) events the instant they occur. It may be some day, but that won't be for a long time, if ever.