1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Instant Messanger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Budule, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Budule

Budule Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2011
    I was wondering if anyone knew of an instant messanger app that does a better job of alerting you when one comes in......i installied AIM on my pc (me) and my Iconia (wifey), when she hits me , it's fine and makes a noise and all but when i hit her she cant really hear it and it just has the tiny man down on the task bar......is there one that would pop up on her screen somehow? ​

Advertisement

2. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Ok first off, domestic violence isn't going to solve problems.

There are three "volumes" for the Honeycomb tablet, make sure the middle one (Notification is turned on).

I haven't used it extensively, but the free app "imo" is supposed to be decent. It can notify by: notification, vibrate, lights and sound.

sbmgroove likes this.
  3. Graffen

Graffen Member
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Hahaaaaaa!!! ^^^ Win!!

4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    Use Gtalk :p It auto logs you in most of the time (in Android systems). Surprised the hell out of me the first time I got an Android device when I started getting hellos on my phone from gmail contacts through gtalk.

I used to use AIM on my Android. AIM for Android sucks and sometimes doesn't even make the notification sound. Then it would deliver the same message 3 or 4 times over an hour. Way too buggy. Gtalk is so much better.

5. mplevy

mplevy Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    New York, USA
    I use Trillian, it will also allow you to keep the same contact list on your PC and your mobile device, plus (if you pay a small annual fee) you get synced chat history and continuous chat across all devices you use it on - I have it on my T-Bolt, personal PC, Mac for work, Iconia.