1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Instant upload has failed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dignan17, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Dignan17

Dignan17 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    This is incredibly frustrating. On my Galaxy Nexus, I simply cannot get the Google+ app to instant upload my photos anymore. It just doesn't do anything. Even if I manually choose the option in the menus to upload all my photos, it just sits there saying "uploading photos..." and never actually does anything at all.

It's pretty maddening. And naturally I can't find any solution to it anywhere. I've searched these forums as well, and I've seen others with this problem over the past year, and none of them seem to have a solution. One general thought is that if the photos are stored on internal memory rather than the SD card, it will work. Well naturally that point is kind of moot on my GN!

So does anyone have any ideas?

I was also wondering if anyone knew what the current version of the Google+ app should be for the Galaxy Nexus. On my phone I still have the old icon for some reason, and that makes me suspect I don't have the newest version, but there's no update waiting for me in the market.

Advertisement

2. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    N/W Ohio
    Downloading it again should get you the updated version.

3. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

It is working over here ... Not sure why my experience would be different than yours.

4. Dignan17

Dignan17 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    D'oh! The Google+ app was being weird for me on my GN. It wasn't showing up in "my apps" even though it was installed on my phone, so I was unaware that it needed an update. I ran the update, forced an upload of the existing photos, and they eventually uploaded. Now everything is working normally.

Sorry to bother everyone :)

Tags: