1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root instructions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mmorey26, Mar 25, 2011.

1. mmorey26

mmorey26 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2011
    Can somebody give me nice clear step by step instructions on how to get a rom, and download it to my phone. I've been stressing about this and it would help me alot thanks.

Advertisement

2. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina
    I'll tell you my method. I use my phone solely but most use their computer.

1. Find a rom that you would like to try (be sure it's for the eris). There's a couple of places to find them (ie, xda, here in these threads, Android ROM Site, and maybe others).

2. I use my phones browser and find the one I want, click on it, let it download. Make sure to download anything that might go with it (ie, with gsb the gapps.zip needs to be flashed with it) the dev will say what needs to be done to install his/her rom. After download/s check the md5 checksums to make sure what you downloaded is all there with what the dev says there should be.

3. After the download/s are completed and the md5 sums are correct go into file manager and move my downloaded zip/s to the root of the sd card. Then double check that those zip/s are indeed in the root of the sd card.

4. Go into recovery, do a nand backup, wipe data/factory reset, flash zip from sd card, when done reboot.

5. When the rom comes online, do the nessary steps to set your phone backup.

That's my method but like I said most use there computer and they will probably chime in on how they do it.;):)