1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Insufficiant Storage available

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sdogalex, Sep 25, 2014.

1. sdogalex

sdogalex Lurker

Hey everyone, so I have been trying to use my external SD card on my phone, so I am trying to download root external 2 internal and it tells me not enough space left even though I have over a gb left. If someone could help that would be great, thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues Compassion is cool!
    VIP Member

Hi there, sdogalex. Please let us know which device you're using. If it has its own subforum, we can move this there--it's often helpful to direct questions/problems like this to other owners of the same device, as there may be specific known issues with it, and fixes for it. :)

3. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

The alert (which stops sync, Gmail from notifying you, and play store from installing apps) comes up when your internal storage (in /data/app) reaches 25% of capacity. Depending on the total available storage (100mb, 2gb, 16gb, etc) the trigger point can be very different. I used to see this often with cheap prepaid devices once I hit 20mb remaining, but larger capacity phones can have it come up with a gigabyte remaining.

My iPad 3 told me I ran out of space to install a 100mb app even though going to settings showed 2gb left.

Mehta23 likes this.