• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

insufficient storage available? Samsung Stellar

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy Stellar. I keep getting the error message "storage space is full" and then I can't look at my pictures or videos or download any more apps. I have tried deleting cache & apps and it helped a little. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Android Forums.

I have run into this problem myself a few times on different devices. Easiest way to fix this problem is to cut down on the amount of apps installed or transfer apps to your SD card. Some devices will allow you to move apps to SD some will not. You may need to use an app like App2SD to move apps over to your SD card.

I hope this helps.

Also if you registered you could go right into the forums and get a real time answer. You wont have to click on the banner again.

Upvote 0
If you send and/or receive lots of pictures through MMS that could be the problem as well. They are stored in the "Dialer Storage" app data space on the phone. (At least they are on the phones I have had.) If you go through and save the pictures to your SD card and then delete the messages, that should free up some space.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones