• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insufficient Storage Error

RayArt

Lurker
Feb 10, 2013
Insufficient Storage Error
I have a Sony Ericson Live with Walkman with a 32Gb SD Card installed. I am getting the Error: Insufficient Storage Available whenever the phone wants to update installed apps, and also when I try to install a new app. The phone is not rooted and I wouldn

The problem is that your phone's internal memory (not SD card storage) is full. That memory typically fills up from installing apps, and from things like POP mail, text messages, and browser temporary files. You may want to try to delete emails & texts (especially MMS messages) and clear the cache from apps by going into settings/applications and then clearing the cache from any apps that show that they contain large amounts of data-- especially the browser and Maps.

POP mail is a big offender because it doesn't clean itself out. IMAP or MAPI based mail (like Gmail or Hotmail) is not a problem because it smartly caches emails in and out of your phone as needed.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones