1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Insufficient storage space problem

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ankitrohilla, Jan 15, 2013.

1. ankitrohilla

ankitrohilla Lurker
    None

Jan 15, 2013
    A month ago, I installed Angry Birds Star Wars 38 mb when I had 59 mb available internal storage without a problem.
    Now, due to some reasons, I had to uninstall all apps and now I am installing Angry Birds Star Wars with 71 mb available internal storage, It says "INSUFFICIENT STORAGE SPACE ON DEVICE".

The same phone, same configuration - whats the problem?

Advertisement

2. sleppingman

sleppingman Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2013
    Male
    Sleeper agent... probably
    Mois Esley Tattoine
    I believe this has to do with some "app leftovers" that are left even when you uninstall the app. But I'm going to bookmark this, cuz I don't really know how to solve your problem, but I'm curious.

3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Android Expert

Jan 18, 2011
    Settings > Applications > Manage > clear data on suspect apps, see if that helps.

4. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    Most game apps install additional files, that you might not know about. The market only tells you the apk file size, but not the additional files to run the app. You will need a good file management app like "ES File Explorer" to veiw the files on you phone and their size. Most game apps store the files under "Android" or they create their own folder. But be careful when deleting files, so that you don't delete the wrong folder. Also, as pointed out, the additional files are not always removed when you uninstall an app. You will have to do it manually.

5. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome
    None

OP, you can also try using a cache-cleaner to eliminate stored data (like web pages in your browser). This is the one I've used in the past.