1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

insufficient storage

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I was taking a photo with my ,huawei ascend with straight talk, phone when it told me i had insufficient space, it then deleted ALL my photos and videos. I have no idea what happened. I had no prior warning to storage space, and for it to delete all my photos was a shock and disappointment. how do i fix this? my phone says i have space on both sd card as well as internal, but i cant save any photos or down load photos from my texts.

Advertisement

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert
    None

Jan 11, 2013
    That's very strange! The phone should never delete things, plus it sounds like the space hasn't been freed up. I suspect it's just not showing things properly because of the insufficient space issue.

First thing you need to do is re-start the phone. Once you've done that, you need to clear a little space to work with - try uninstalling a few apps you no longer use, clearing caches or - if possible - deleting some music / photo / video / download files.

Once you've done that, either connect to a PC or get a file manager from the Play Store - I use a free one called File Manager - and check what's in the following folders in internal storage:

/DCIM/camera
    /Download

Hopefully, you'll find all your files.

You then to clear some space in internal storage which you can do by moving files to the SD cards. Start with videos as they're the biggest so will clear more space per file.

nfrye likes this.