• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

insurance for the BIONIC

I grabbed the bionic yesterday. Im thinking of picking up some insurance for the phone but I would like to get it from somewhere other than Verizon. I think I could find better cheaper insurance elsewhere.

Has anyone done this before? Any recommendations? Personal stories are Welcome. Im in NOrthern NY if that makes a difference.

I tried this in the lounge but got no hits :(

I grabbed the bionic yesterday. Im thinking of picking up some insurance for the phone but I would like to get it from somewhere other than Verizon. I think I could find better cheaper insurance elsewhere.

Has anyone done this before? Any recommendations? Personal stories are Welcome. Im in NOrthern NY if that makes a difference.

I tried this in the lounge but got no hits :(

I dont know about other places but im getting it for $10 a month from best buy. Im probably just gonna keep it till i get a screen protector and case.

Upvote 0
I disagree. I had Asurion for OG Droid, and it was fine with a $50 deductible, but with this new phone a $150 is hard to swallow. I bought my phone at Best Buy and added their protection plan. See below:

Verizon/"Asurion": $6/month - $150 deductible - one phone per year
Best Buy: $10/month - NO deductible and unlimited replacement phones

Not to mention the "hail" storm when the OG Droid was discontinued and Asurion was giving people reconditioned phones. I'll stick with Best Buy.

Upvote 0
I disagree. I had Asurion for OG Droid, and it was fine with a $50 deductible, but with this new phone a $150 is hard to swallow. I bought my phone at Best Buy and added their protection plan. See below:

Verizon/"Asurion": $6/month - $150 deductible - one phone per year
Best Buy: $10/month - NO deductible and unlimited replacement phones

Not to mention the "hail" storm when the OG Droid was discontinued and Asurion was giving people reconditioned phones. I'll stick with Best Buy.

Hahahaha, good luck if you need to get the phone repaired, it will take 3-4 weeks to get back most likely.

I worked for BBY for 3 years and Touchstone is the worst possible company ever.

Upvote 0
BB insurance is handled by a different company. Repair can take time but getting a refurbished replacement only takes a few days.

Nope, all insurance repairs go through Touchstone, I just double checked with one of my agent friends back in the store.

They do not give you a replacement/refurb unless it is an iPhone or BB.

Android you are stuck waiting for it to be repaired.

Just giving you a fair warning, what you do with it is your own business.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones