• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insurance on X. Worth it? Yes, no, opinions...

Really? There are other apps in the $5 range that do this. I doubt saving $5 would sway many people to get the insurance or not.

How do they verify if you are a TEC customer when you download/install this?

I have always carried TEC (Asurion) since am incident with a clam several years ago.

As it is included with the fee I now pay why not use it?

I am assuming that they verify whether or not you are a TEC customer by verifying your mobile number when you enter into Mobile Recovery.

Al

Upvote 0
What im referring too is this,http://androidforums.com/support-tr...428-battery-drain-due-software-bug-w-gps.html

I installed mobile recovery last night and set the update interval to 60min, After being off of the charger for 2hrs, 1:30min of which the phone was laying idol on my desk, spare parts confirmed that the phone has been "running 100%" (not sleeping)

I turned off the GPS completely and it immediately dropped from 100% after being left idol for 15min. This is disappointing because this recovery feature is great, but every time it accesses the GPS, my phone is not going to sleep and im going to cut my battery life in half

Upvote 0
Hmm, I've installed app, logged into the website (via PC) attempted to locate, every time I do this it sends a txt message, gpsrefresh:a1651324761.... then fails, after a couple min of trying. My phone is powered on, GPS is on, checked GPS, I got 10 sats in view and fixed, error 4 meters - what could be wrong?

- I haven't rebooted (will try next)
- I do have 2 GPS apps, one GPS status and one GPS test. Could these be refreshing in the background keeping the signal from connecting?

Thanks in advance, will try reboot -

Upvote 0
I tried shutting off my GPS and going to the website and attempting to locate my device, to my surprise this worked! I left the GPS off and waited 4 hours ( settings for location update every 60min) I just signed back in and all 4 location updates were performed accurately and spare parts confirmed that my GPS is still off and the phone is still able to sleep after the location update.

None of that makes sense to me, but if I leave the GPS "on" it will not allow my phone to sleep EVERY TIME it updates unless i manually toggle the GPS on and off.

I will leave the GPS off for a few days and check the log on mymobilerecovery.com to confirm that it is actually location updating.

Upvote 0
Hmm, I've installed app, logged into the website (via PC) attempted to locate, every time I do this it sends a txt message, gpsrefresh:a1651324761.... then fails, after a couple min of trying. My phone is powered on, GPS is on, checked GPS, I got 10 sats in view and fixed, error 4 meters - what could be wrong?

- I haven't rebooted (will try next)
- I do have 2 GPS apps, one GPS status and one GPS test. Could these be refreshing in the background keeping the signal from connecting?

Thanks in advance, will try reboot -

Yeah I'm still confused here. I go into the app and even set the interval to 10min, it states "Last location saved at ... Next location check at...." with GPS enabled, I even went as far as AGPS, GPS, "Use wireless networks" - still nothing, just a text message every time I try to locate or alert the phone. I tried turning off Wifi to see if its using 3G to locate, I've rebooted, I've waited an hour to see if the check points come back but nothing, nada.

Everytime on the PC it states:
Error: Mobile Recovery could not connect to your phone. Your phone may either be out of coverage or powered off. Mobile Recovery features will not work if your phone service has been suspended

I've used my phone several times since, no service is suspended and I have multiple fixes on sats, all services are confirmed ON or working -

Could this possibly be because of ##7764726? I did that change around 3 weeks ago. Could it be looking for the old EVRC? since this isn't on the market it isn't a simple uninstall reinstall, now I just have something that's draining my battery - can anyone she some light here?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I just ran it, located me after a few min, sure enough after I was "running" 100%,toggled gps and it dropped to 60% in a few min. I don't want to have to remember to toggle gps every hr this thing updates (longest update interval)

Does it actually do a gps location on its own every hour? I use WaveSecure and it only tracks when I tell it to.

Upvote 0
Yeah I'm still confused here. I go into the app and even set the interval to 10min, it states "Last location saved at ... Next location check at...." with GPS enabled, I even went as far as AGPS, GPS, "Use wireless networks" - still nothing, just a text message every time I try to locate or alert the phone. I tried turning off Wifi to see if its using 3G to locate, I've rebooted, I've waited an hour to see if the check points come back but nothing, nada.

Everytime on the PC it states:
Error: Mobile Recovery could not connect to your phone. Your phone may either be out of coverage or powered off. Mobile Recovery features will not work if your phone service has been suspended

I've used my phone several times since, no service is suspended and I have multiple fixes on sats, all services are confirmed ON or working -

Could this possibly be because of ##7764726? I did that change around 3 weeks ago. Could it be looking for the old EVRC? since this isn't on the market it isn't a simple uninstall reinstall, now I just have something that's draining my battery - can anyone she some light here?

Thanks!

Alrighty, I've got a track - I cannot still cannot find my "current location", it will not connect, just sends a text, gpsrefresh:a..., same with "sound alarm, no go - I did have to change my service back to EVRC, but all I can tell its doing is logging my location when the app tells it to and sending that info to the site, honestly latitude works better and with less margin of error.

Has anyone got an alarm to well, alarm? I've only seen people here stating It has tracked me, and my current location, which I believe the to just be the last logged gps location - not a "true" current location as you would see on "maps"

Upvote 0
Alrighty, I've got a track - I cannot still cannot find my "current location", it will not connect, just sends a text, gpsrefresh:a..., same with "sound alarm, no go - I did have to change my service back to EVRC, but all I can tell its doing is logging my location when the app tells it to and sending that info to the site, honestly latitude works better and with less margin of error.

Has anyone got an alarm to well, alarm? I've only seen people here stating It has tracked me, and my current location, which I believe the to just be the last logged gps location - not a "true" current location as you would see on "maps"

OK - EVRC B does work, I've reinstalled the app - if anyone has problems this may help.

1st - make sure your text alert is on, NOT through settings>sounds>display BUT after you have entered Text Messaging>messaging settings>text messaging settings>sellect ringtone.
(I had it on none because at work I didn't want SMSs going through the roof)
2nd - if you have a problem simply uninstall via ASTRO and reinstall using Files, the apk will be in download (if you used DolphinHD browser)
3rd - for it to be accurate within at LEAST 50 meters it needs to be close to a window, simply indoors will not yield good results - outside is highly recomended, this is stated from the developer.
4th - "Sound Alarm" works even with GPS, AGPS not manually turned on - triggered via sms
5th - "Locate Phone" does NOT work with GPS, AGPS manually turned off - it simply uses your last recorded GPS location uploaded to their website, I've checked and its the same accuracy to the meter.
6th - If you are having connection problems refresh your browser on the PCs end, it times out quickly (which I think is a good thing for security) you may have to re-enter your phone# pin.
7th - It does work while locked, as long as the phone can receive sms, it will alert, and at least refresh your GPS.

I

Upvote 0
thanks i use Lookout from the marketplace, does the same thing for free, they make it sound so good at 7.99 but after two years thats almost 200.00

Yeah, this is the only nice thing I've seen come out of the company so far, but I can completely loose my X and 50 bucks will get it back, I know 7.99x24/months +$50 deductible you could almost buy one, but its a little cheaper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones