• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insurance options

ccoager

Mar 12, 2010
I've never had a smartphone before and am thinking of potentially buying a Nexus One. Its a big investment and with bringing it around everywhere I am afraid that I might break or lose it. I am wondering what insurance options there is out there.

How is Verizon's insurance? Can you get insurance through your home owners insurer? Any other options out there? How much is the deductable?

There are a lot of options out there. Verizon's insurance info is on their site or you can call.

Your insurer can tell you if they offer suitable insurance. Some do. Some don't. There's no one-size-fits all answer.

There are also companies like Square Trade (never used them and I'm not giving a recommendation or anything).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones