1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

insurance question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by outkast25, May 23, 2011.

1. outkast25

outkast25 Android Enthusiast

Sorry if this is wrong section, wasnt sure where to post. I recently shattered my evo screen. asurion sent me a brand new one through my insurance. They want the shattered one. I want to keep the broke one and repair it. If i tell asurion it was stolen will i get charged? will they blacklist the esn? What happens to people who pay insureance and their phone gets lost and stolen? i dont get why they want me to return my broke one. I read if i dont return it i will be fined. But what if it just tell them it was stolen?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. flatlander

flatlander Well-Known Member

Other than the legal and or moral issues of reporting it stolen, they will blacklist the ESN

3. secrecyguy

secrecyguy Member

You should have report it stolen or lost in the first place.

They will blacklist it.

It's too late now. They going to question you why you changing your story. They also going to make note about it in your file.

4. alextop30

alextop30 Android Expert

If I were you I would just return it thank them for giving u a new one. If they think you are doing insurance fraud they can send you a nice big bill for the price of the Evo outside a contract which is very expensive .

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I believe this goes under 'insurance fraud' category...

/thread

ocnbrze likes this.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews