• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i have a 5$ a month plan or something like that. Basically if my phone get's lost, stolen, broken, ect, I can pay 50$ and get a brand new one. This has saved me in the past multiple times. Keep in mind if you lose your phone, you'd need to buy it at the full price of 199$.

This is something that Apple Care nor ATT offer, which is such a shame.

5 extra dollars on my monthly bill doesn't bother me.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just called. The 6 dollar plan is only for a year and the 8 dollar plan is for two years. It is a little annoying since the warranty is for a full year and you would think since you are paying for 2 years it will be cheaper than 1 year, byt whatever. It is worth it! If sometHing happened to my phone, I would have to pay full retail value which is like $500, CRAZY!

Upvote 0
I did not get the insurance as I was told it was 8.99 a month with a hundred dollar deductible. The phone is covered for defects for a year and I only do 1 year contracts. That comes out to (9.54 with taxes a month * 12 + 100.00 deductible) around 215.00 for their insurance. Plus or should I say Minus .. they have a 3rd party company send you out a refurbished phone, which in my experience you'll have to send back a few times until you don't get a lemon. I'd rather put that money toward the Snapdragon processor version coming out soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones