• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Integrating Admob and Startapp in one app

Hey epraveen,

You can integrate StartApp's SDK with Admob in one app without any problems.
Startapp offers an out of app solution which adds a search icon and a bookmark to the users device while leaving the app "free" of ads. If you chose to run ads in your app, its perfectly fine from both StartApp and Admob's side.
Its extremely easy to integrate StartApp's SDK and it takes just a few minutes.

Here's a link to the registration page

StartApp - Developer Register

Hope I helped somehow.

Cheers,
Supernero

Upvote 0
I was looking into admob mediation, but have no clue how to implement it; mainly because I usually use the xml file(s) to ad my codes. Yesterday with StartApp was the first time I added code for an ad to the java file.

here's a link to admob mediation page. I'm not currently using it, so I cant be of much more help to you right now, but thought you might want to check this out.

https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/mediation#android

also, as a general warning to people using Startapp, I spend most of my time on XDA now and have been following this thread you might want to read.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2366205

basically, some people have been integrating it, and getting flagged as a virus by certain anti-virus programs, which we all know is the worst thing you can have going for your app.

Especially interesting is someone at the end of the thread who was featured on the main page of XDA, then quickly had the page updated as containing a virus, so basically his app is kind of ruined reputation wise. The mods have also gone so far as to remove links to startapp from the thread.

So im not saying don't use it, as it is your app and your choice, but if might be worth reading at the very least.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones