1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Integrating Email

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by spthomas, Aug 20, 2011.

1. spthomas

spthomas Newbie
    None

Apr 1, 2011
    I'm looking for some suggestions on how to integrate all my email better. My normal email is 3 pop accounts. On the PC I download from the pop server and they're stored there. But I access mail most from the field on my phone. I can download them to the phone. Read them. If I delete from the phone it deletes them from the server, but if not they stay there and I can later download them. This is all how I want it.

The main issue is when I reply on the phone. That reply is not in my main email archive on the PC. So I have to look two places for things.

A smaller issue is that if I access the email on the pc first, it is downloaded and deleted from the server and the Android email client can't find it.

Anyone have ideas on how to make this integrate more seamlessly?

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I found that it is just easier to just forward my email account to Gmail and do everything through Gmail. You can configure Gmail to send as though it is from your other email addresses. I have two email addresses that I forward to Gmail. It makes it convenient to just check Gmail.

3. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    District of Columbia
    This is exactly what I do, however, it is a little messy. First, if you're responding, it all comes from you Gmail address, which could or could not be a good thing. One work around, is to be able to tag such emails coming from your other accounts appropriately so as to know which email the sender is sending it to.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    None

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    If you access Gmail via your desktop there's an option in the settings to have replies default to "Reply from the same address to which the message was sent".