1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Intel My Wifi what can I do with it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by z50king, Jul 21, 2011.

1. z50king

z50king Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Student, Student Assistant
    Upland, CA
    I have successfully connected my EVO 3d to my laptop with an Intel My Wifi built in unit. I can turn on the 'Share my internet' and get internet from my laptop to the phone, but that is a waste if I can connect the phone to the router I am always on with the laptop

Is there anything else I can do with the connection? Like access the phone as a hard drive like when I connect with usb cable and access the sd card?

just wondering, haven't seen anything about this in search

Advertisement

2. Joeggernaut

Joeggernaut Newbie
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    my wifi intel is just like mobile hot spotting except with your laptop.

I normally use it when I am out of town or something or only a wired connection is avaiable like a hotel. Also if there is a weak wifi signal my laptop can pick it up while my phone cannot so then my wifi becomes handy. It is also a faster connection than the phone hot spotting so if you are playing wireless games with friends it is more reliable/faster.

As far as wireless sync and stuff you cannot unless there is some kind of app, I am sure there is as you can wireless sync with winamp and stuff.

As far as browsing the files on the sd card wirelessly might be able to with an app but I dont know.

Last thing it is good for is if you want to stream music to the phone or something and router is not available or cooperating.

3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    marctronixx likes this.
Tags: