• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Intercept Root Apk and Recovery flasher

EdAndInn

Jan 12, 2011
Reactions: Sanguine6
hi im new to this site and new to rooting. i just rooted using this method but now i want to use custom recovery but im not sure how to go about doing so i went to install recovery and i reboots into cm recovery v2.5.1.0 & os internal and im sure what to do next. I'm being real carefull i dont want brick my phone but i think i click on back up and restore not sure tho .Also after i back up i want to start customizing my vm intercept what would my next steps b n where can i find the custom rom ,kernal etc strictly for the vm intercept i have googled all my questions but im such a noob im not fully understanding the info given hoping u guys can offer some help again thanks for the assistance so far and thanks to sdx for wrk u guys have done cant wait to push my phone to its limits if anybody can help i would really appreciate it thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I just wanted to reiterate how amazing this root method is. I tried two or three different methods to root, with mild success.

I'm a pretty tech savvy person in general, although not a phone expert by any means- but I'm certainly not used to doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. (I hear that's the definition of insanity, or biology.) One of the things I tried was superoneclick which other people had success with, and it worked for me like one time out of a hundred, and I have no idea what made that one time special.
This app on the other hand just worked on the first time! Had root in like 2 minutes - and most of that time was spent downloading the apk.

I haven't restarted the phone yet, so I can't be sure if I can get permanent root, but I really only need it for occasional tethering for my nook color, and if I have to spend 30 seconds to root before tethering I can totally deal with that.

Yay so happy! Thanks guys!

Upvote 0
hi im new to this site and new to rooting. i just rooted using this method but now i want to use custom recovery but im not sure how to go about doing so i went to install recovery and i reboots into cm recovery v2.5.1.0 & os internal and im sure what to do next. I'm being real carefull i dont want brick my phone but i think i click on back up and restore not sure tho .Also after i back up i want to start customizing my vm intercept what would my next steps b n where can i find the custom rom ,kernal etc strictly for the vm intercept i have googled all my questions but im such a noob im not fully understanding the info given hoping u guys can offer some help again thanks for the assistance so far and thanks to sdx for wrk u guys have done cant wait to push my phone to its limits if anybody can help i would really appreciate it thanks in advance

If you don't understand what ROOT is, I would suggest not being rooted. If you're not careful you can completely and permanently RUIN your phone.

Upvote 0
My uncle tried to root my samsung intercept 2.2. I don't know exactly what he did but in the process he managed to break my phone. When I tried to turn on my phone it would remain black and vibate. :mad: I replaced the phone and now have a new samsung intercept 2.2. I am worried this is going to happen again if I try to root it. Do I have to wait a while after I buy the phone for the rooting to work? Does intercept root apk and recovery flasher really work on the samsung intercept 2.2?

Upvote 0
Go to [GUIDE] - How to install Custom Kernel/ROM on your Intercept using CM01 Recovery
This should tell you everything you need to know, but be EXTREMELY careful and do exactly what they say. I would suggest the bROM. Hope this works!!

Upvote 0
My uncle tried to root my samsung intercept 2.2. I don't know exactly what he did but in the process he managed to break my phone. When I tried to turn on my phone it would remain black and vibate. :mad: I replaced the phone and now have a new samsung intercept 2.2. I am worried this is going to happen again if I try to root it. Do I have to wait a while after I buy the phone for the rooting to work? Does intercept root apk and recovery flasher really work on the samsung intercept 2.2?

it worked really well for me ... super easy, I downloaded the file right from my phone. no need to connect to a pc

Upvote 0
:D

Finally, there is an App that can Get you permanent root on Samsung Intercept (Both Virgin Mobile and Sprint versions). It does not need PC, USB cable or USB Drivers. You can get Root as well as install CM01 Custom Recovery using this App.

Thanks to spaztecho from SDX Developers.

Go here:

Intercept Root Apk and Recovery flasher

Intercept Root Apk and Recovery flasher - SDX-Developers Forum

:D
It doesnt work for me... I used to have root but after android update all root attempt and installation has failed. I have a samsung transform ultra.
Android Ver 2.3.6
I've tried eveything
:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones