1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General Intercept = TURD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BubZX, Feb 24, 2011.

1. BubZX

BubZX Well-Known Member

hello all. my wife has the intercept (tried to talk her into the EPIC when i got mine) and the thing is a straight up turd. even new when she got it i was impressed at all with it and now its to the point it locks and freezes all the time to the point shes about to throw it out the window. my questions are, is this normal for this phone or does it need a hard reset back to stock and start over? are there tricks u guys have used to get a desent working phone and if so coild u point me in the rite direction?

and how do i do a hrd reset to get the phone back to stock?

i have an epic and i avoid usin her phone at all costs cuz its so bad lol

thanks in advance to all who chime in

Advertisement

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert

my girlfriend had the same issues, the phone sucked. I rooted it and deleted a bunch of bloatware, still sucks but at least it isnt locked up, crawling, AND sucking. if you are willing to root check out sdx forums for the best rooting advice. I cant find anything in this forum thats really helpful and if it is its because it points to the sdx forums. It will certainly help it move a little faster. The one click root method is horrible and is hit or miss. I did the swupgrade method and flashed a custom kernel.

BubZX likes this.
  3. freedom1911

freedom1911 Newbie

Had all the same problems with mine. The phone worked fine for about 2 weeks and then turned in to a 250 dollar brick. Total pain in the a**.
    I was luck and the store I got it from exchanged it for an Optimus.
    Intercept=crap
    Optimus=gold...............compared to the Samsung. The LG lags sometimes but normally very responsive.

4. Samsung Intercept is a low end phone. It needs to be kept clean(memory wise), many advanced features need to be turned off, and the phone needs to be kept ventilated (the phone can overheat causing crashes).

The phone is not bad if your looking at price/functionality compared to a lot of other phones but it requires a great deal of maintenance.

For non-technical users I would recommend getting a overpowered high end phone so you won't have to do maintenance on your phone for a long time but eventually all the clutter will catch up with you but if you replace your phone as much as normal people then you won't have to worry about that too much with high end phones.

5. LAMC2011

LAMC2011 Lurker

I actually have the Intercept. I have been so close to just throwing it. I actually got so annoyed with it earlier today that I pulled out my SD card and wrote down important numbers and did the factory reset. It seems to be working decent now, but I mean how many more times am I going to have to do that in the next year and a half? IF I even keep this phone. I'm leaning more towards the HTC EVO 4G, or I'm going to see if Sprint can fix it, or at least see what is wrong with it. A lot of the problem with mine is the lagging and freezing, having to force close apps and trying to send texts multiple times before they actually say that they're sent. It's a little messed up though because it'll say that it hasn't sent but the other person receives it... Overall, I had better luck with both of my BlackBerry Curves (8330, 8530)

6. LiquidSword52

LiquidSword52 Lurker

I've been experimenting daily with my phone. The best thing to do is not to overload it with apps. Changing the default home launcher to something like Zeam or LauncherPro (both free on market) will help as well. Got this tip from many reviews online.

7. Jaysus

Jaysus Newbie

My wife hates her intercept for some of the above mentioned reasons... I'll give some of the suggestions a shot, and see if that helps.