1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Intercept WiFi Speeds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Darkseas, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member

I haven't been overly impressed with my WiFi upload and download speeds -- very disappointed actually. I have a FiOS connection that is 25/25 Mbps, and I get almost exactly that up using Verizon's measurement. I get somewhat less, maybe 25/20 using Speedtest.net (for which there is an Android app).

Using my laptop's WiFi, Verizon still gives about 25/24. Speedtest results are high on the download and somewhere between 14-18 on the upload.

Speedtest on my Intercept is somewhere around 12/1. It's not like I do a lot of uploading, but 1 Mbps? That's pathetic!

My wife's Droid X is slower than the laptop, usually somewhere around 17/12.

Has anyone seen similar poor results with the intercept? And if you saw it and improved it, what did you do?

Phone is showing all half-circles for WiFi strength as I tested it and the laptop about 3' from the router.

Advertisement

2. JALStudios

JALStudios Member

I would suggest Rooting your Intercept with the BROM. This Rom has faster 3g/Wifi speeds. Plus it has a better battery life and you can overclock your phone's processor to run MUCH MUCH faster.