• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Interceptor Rom Is awesome

kiddk1

Android Enthusiast
Dec 17, 2009
MI
just wanted to let you guys know, this rom is great, it takes the moment to a whole new level
interceptor2.png
Interceptor V5 ROM Now Released - Android Mobile Support
interceptor1.png

Reactions: Stoney62
I guess the answer to that would be of assistance, it is smoother and faster than stock, mighty dream and dream rom. I have tried all these roms and this is by far the smoothest. Live wallpapers run smooth on it, although I have not done any speed testing others who have show a marked increase compared to the other roms mentioned. if you are interested please read up via the link I have provided.

Upvote 0
I loaded Interceptor last night and it feels really nice. The touchwiz thing will take some getting used to though. If I can't figure out how to make screen #2 the home screen though I'll probably go back to launcherpro. The rom though feels great on the phone.

I also liked launcher pro. I don't think there is a way to make a default screen other than the home screen 1 when you hit the home button. I've tried if someone else figures it out please tell me. But I'm getting use to it quickly. You can add (menu - edit) more screens, up to 7 and there are dots at the top which will quickly get you to that screen. I really like launcher pro when you hit the home screen a second time and it would show all your screens, but I've found the dots at the top are much quicker and more useful.

After reading lots of bad reviews of touchwiz and never hearing anything good about it I thought I would never want to use it, but I'm quickly becoming a fan, even though it has the feel of an iphone rip off.

Basically it's awesome for now, and as soon as something better comes along I'll jump ship, but it's a lot of fun at the moment or on the moment. (are you tired of those jokes yet haha)

Upvote 0
I also liked launcher pro. I don't think there is a way to make a default screen other than the home screen 1 when you hit the home button. I've tried if someone else figures it out please tell me. But I'm getting use to it quickly. You can add (menu - edit) more screens, up to 7 and there are dots at the top which will quickly get you to that screen. I really like launcher pro when you hit the home screen a second time and it would show all your screens, but I've found the dots at the top are much quicker and more useful.

After reading lots of bad reviews of touchwiz and never hearing anything good about it I thought I would never want to use it, but I'm quickly becoming a fan, even though it has the feel of an iphone rip off.

Basically it's awesome for now, and as soon as something better comes along I'll jump ship, but it's a lot of fun at the moment or on the moment. (are you tired of those jokes yet haha)

What does this do that this: doesn't?

Radioactive FroYo ROM v1.8.5 **9.2 MFLOP** **Moment-Acclaim Hybrid**

Upvote 0
Someone have an answer to this?

Noobnl's has nothing added in the way of eye candy, about the only thing he added was the 3d gallery which he has since removed. It's about as vanilla as they come, which is fine by me. Dearmas's rom comes themed with added software that he giddily takes all credit for. Personally, I find Dearmas's constant chest thumping, the complaints I've seen about negative comments being removed from the threads with no notice and the whole points system thing to be an annoyance. I tried his Ultimate 5.0 because he claimed it fixed the lockup issue, it didn't fix it one bit. I tried his Interceptor v5 yesterday, but I'm not into heavily themed roms. It seemed to run fine in my brief test, no faster than noobnl's and maybe a little less battery life (not nearly long or scientific enough to be sure). Flashing interceptor is much more involved than noobnl's (or just about anyone else) and the "you better have points if you want the final version" threat is a big negative issue for me. I went back to noobnl's 1.8.5. I doubt I'll try v6. I wouldn't fault anyone for digging Dearmas's stuff, there's a lot to like. It's just that I get the feeling that when I'm on his site I'm dealing with a bunch of 13 year old, and I'm way over that.

Upvote 0
Noobnl's has nothing added in the way of eye candy, about the only thing he added was the 3d gallery which he has since removed. It's about as vanilla as they come, which is fine by me. Dearmas's rom comes themed with added software that he giddily takes all credit for. Personally, I find Dearmas's constant chest thumping, the complaints I've seen about negative comments being removed from the threads with no notice and the whole points system thing to be an annoyance. I tried his Ultimate 5.0 because he claimed it fixed the lockup issue, it didn't fix it one bit. I tried his Interceptor v5 yesterday, but I'm not into heavily themed roms. It seemed to run fine in my brief test, no faster than noobnl's and maybe a little less battery life (not nearly long or scientific enough to be sure). Flashing interceptor is much more involved than noobnl's (or just about anyone else) and the "you better have points if you want the final version" threat is a big negative issue for me. I went back to noobnl's 1.8.5. I doubt I'll try v6. I wouldn't fault anyone for digging Dearmas's stuff, there's a lot to like. It's just that I get the feeling that when I'm on his site I'm dealing with a bunch of 13 year old, and I'm way over that.

I have to admit that I agree with you 100% on that. I've been a big supporter of dearmas since I tried his first ultimate dream rom but that threat has me wondering where he is going with this...

No one ever said he made everything in his roms work by himself, but he puts it together in such a way that no one else has done yet from what I've seen. I was ready to pay the big bucks to upgrade my phone without a rebate but honestly now I am pretty happy with it using his roms. When he or I finally move on to another phone I'll probably hit his donate button to say thanks.

Upvote 0
I guess the answer to that would be of assistance, it is smoother and faster than stock, mighty dream and dream rom. I have tried all these roms and this is by far the smoothest. Live wallpapers run smooth on it, although I have not done any speed testing others who have show a marked increase compared to the other roms mentioned. if you are interested please read up via the link I have provided.
Agreed and battery life is AWSOME! Though I really think AMS isn't quite ready for prime time. Too many things missing from the site. I.E until after I mentioned the lack of Voicemail on the ROM and the need for a kitchen with apks to replace what was removed from stock, someone finally posted them to the downloads folder. And before that to their own site. I also noted a lack of experience in helping with answering questions (you excepted KIDD). All said, it is a Wonderful ROM.

Upvote 0
Really want to try this Rom out, but can someone help me to with step one which is to flash it back to stock. Please provide a link if necessary. Very much appreciate it.

BTW, where can I get that Grass wallpaper?
flash to stock as the post below your original stated then go here to get v3 and v6. Android Mobile Support • Login

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones