1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Interested in Android from BB, needing help!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by larsenracing, Sep 19, 2011.

1. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    Continueous Flow Manager, FireFighter
    MN, Worthington
    Ok, My name is Jason. Currently running a BB Storm 2 but needing an update. Background, this is a business phone were currently running a BB enterprise server. I love the way the BB's sink with all of Outlook. I am looking at getting either the Mot. Bionic or BB Torch 8950 which I have tried from our CEO who is in the 14 day trial. I'm leaning toward the Bionic. However,

My problem is I use the Outlook Tasks quite a bit. To my understanding the Android doesn't utilize this well but hope there's a way around this. Is there any good aps or ways to do this on the android?

This is the part that is tearing me up and the only factor keeping the Torch in my mind. I do like the thought of 4g which is roughly a year out of my current area but do travel quite a bit to these areas and will be doing this more and more for business in the near future. I have use a few Android devises like Zoom and Droid X a bit.

HELP!!!! :thinking:

Advertisement

2. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    A quick market search returns this. Not free but not too Much. I am more searching will find others.

https://market.android.com/details?id=de.cranktheory.android.tasks

larsenracing likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

A work around is Astrid. So far this is the only app I've found that could sync reliably to Outlook, albeit through a third party task program and cloud. Astrid has native capability to sync to Producteev.com's web-based task manager, while Producteev also has the ability to sync to Outlook. Basically, Producteev stands as what Google Contacts is to Outlook Contacts: a web based intermediate between Outlook tasks and Android tasks.

larsenracing likes this.
  4. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    MN, Worthington
  5. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    MN, Worthington
    Ok i'm confused, I'm not a huge techy person but can for the most part get around. Obviously I do have staff in our IT dept that can figure that out. So does Astrid sync directly to Outlook. The part you lost me on was albeit, and cloud what are these?

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Cloud refers to online storage spaces for data. For example, I have my Android phone syncing to my GMail Contacts. The Gmail contacts are a "cloud", basically an online repository for my data.

Astrid has the ability to sync natively to 3 "clouds":
    1.) Astrid.com - you'd find this a very nice site to use. I can share/assign tasks with individuals who are on my email contacts list or facebook friends. Basically its like a "social network tasking site".
    2.) Google Tasks - Google's task and reminder feature, a part of Gmail
    3.) Producteev.com - Its similar to Astrid.com, but has an Outlook plugin allowing you to sync it to Outlook.

Basically, you sync the Astrid to Producteev, then Producteev syncs to Outlook. Then Outlook syncs to Producteev, while Producteev syncs to Astrid on your device.

I'd understand that a cloud based solution is not ideal for everyone, but I am just stating that this is the most reliable sync I have found.

7. larsenracing

larsenracing Newbie
    None

Sep 19, 2011
    MN, Worthington
    Well installed Tasksync to the Xoom and it worked great.

So next question, is there one like this that syncs the Outlook Notes this well?