• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interested in Beta?

Would you be interested in beta testing an Android app?

• Yeah why not I get early access to some cool apps.

Votes: 14 100.0%
  • Not really more concerned for my phone's wellbeing.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
depends on if it's an app I want or not. I love being in Betas though (always try to get into the Betas for the games I play, my computer still has windows 7 RC installed on it, have both GVoice and GWave and was in GMail beta back in the day) for things I'm hoping to use once they're released. For example, would love to get into the Mobile Defense beta :)

Upvote 0
But what happens if its a blind beta? You don't know the app you will be testing until you are selected. I work in a company which does a number of apps across sport / finance / editorial so it could be any one of a few things!

depends on if it's an app I want or not. I love being in Betas though (always try to get into the Betas for the games I play, my computer still has windows 7 RC installed on it, have both GVoice and GWave and was in GMail beta back in the day) for things I'm hoping to use once they're released. For example, would love to get into the Mobile Defense beta :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones