• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interested in X, some questions..

Hello, I'm interested in the X and was wondering how does everyone carry their X? Is everyone using a case/holster or carry it in their pocket?

I usually carry my phone in my pocket and have never had an issue before and is now inquiring if it will be feasable given the screen size? Will it be too fragile for pockets?

Thanks.

Hello, I'm interested in the X and was wondering how does everyone carry their X? Is everyone using a case/holster or carry it in their pocket?

I usually carry my phone in my pocket and have never had an issue before and is now inquiring if it will be feasable given the screen size? Will it be too fragile for pockets?

Thanks.

I carry mine in my pocket and have zero problems with it. Unless you're a small woman or a man who wears skin tight jeans you should be ok.

Upvote 0

Thanks.

I pocket carry also, no problem. But I have to say when first got it, it was one of my first concerns. I have a rough body glove case too.

Upvote 0
A lot of the salesmen/women at my local places have them for their personal use. Being the flagship phone for this company still, most of them do choose that one to carry. Maybe they'd let you look at it? I know when I was originally looking at the Droid Incredible that was the case for me :)

Upvote 0
I have a case/holster that I used before I recived the Powermat Charging System as a gift. I have put the DX in my pocket ever since. I have had no problems with it in my jeans or dress pants pockets. I will be using the case/holster while going on vacation. It is easier to take the travel charger, then trying to explain the magnets in the battery door and the charging pad to airport security.

That is my opinion, for what it is worth.

Upvote 0
I pocket carry also, no problem. But I have to say when first got it, it was one of my first concerns. I have a rough body glove case too.

The body gloves look good and have a nice texture that keeps them from sliding around, but they are not durable and don't last long. I had one on my old phone and it lasted 3 weeks before the clips broke and he rubber started peeling, when I got my X they looked like they were better quality than the last one so I got it. The one for my X lasted 5 weeks before the clip broke and the rubber started peeling. This is with me taking care of them, I have since not used a case and have no scratches or dings in my phone after about 6 months with no case.

It's not very noticeable in my pocket with no case, its very thin.

Upvote 0
My DX is usually carried in a jacket pocket, but if I'm not wearing my jacket, I have no problem with it in my jeans pocket. I have the Rocketfish case from Best Buy on it; doesn't add nearly as much thickness as the Body Glove cover did, and without the rubber coating of the Body Glove, it slides in and out easily. With the Body Glove case, it would turn my pocket inside out when I pulled it out, kind of annoying.

Upvote 0
I also carry it in my front pants/jeans pocket everywhere I go. No problems getting to it or putting it back, and I even have a soft silicon case for it. It fits fine and I hardly know its there. I'm not a fan of holsters since I had one break on me years ago when I had a Palm Kyo 7135.

You'll most likely be very happy with it as per the posts above if you get one - enjoy:D

Upvote 0
I put mine in my pants pocket (jeans usually) and it's fine, slightly a little big but still very doable. It goes in and out pretty easily. I don't use a case just a screen protector on the front, no scratches and I haven't dropped it yet. I have a gel case and I may use it at work sometimes. I like to listen to my music in my phone at work and out it in my hoodie pocket. Sometimes if I lean to the left or right to pick something up off the ground, it could slide out but the gel case helps it stay in the pocket.

The Droid X is a well built sturdy phone, most people won't break it from having it in their pocket.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones