• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Interesting GB install story.

odock

Aug 5, 2010
So i saw on phandroid this morning that i could port GB onto my X and i got an instant w**dy!!!! so i went ahead and did it and instantly got a boot loop :(. I decided to go into recovery and see if i could go back to my apex 1.4.1 setup and of course clockwork was gone... so I took a deap breath and took a shower then went back to my phone turned it on and decided to let it boot loop for about half an hour before i would do anything else to it, low and behold about 15 minutes of boot looping and it decided to load up with GB and everything and now runs perfectly! This motoblured version of GB is fantastic im running LP as my launcher and love it but ive also messed with the stock motoblur and Im so much more impressed then i have ever been with the crap moto has put out.

I hate to say this but my phone is running better on non rooted GB then it was on a 1.2 overclocked apex 1.4.1 i really cant believe how smooth and how good looking it is. If yall are sitting on the bench get off and hit it up this is pretty damn cool!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones