1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Interesting LOL (Lack of Lag!)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DT, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Owner, Senior Software Architect, V2N
    Vilano Beach, FL
    Howdy Folks!

I've been using SwiFTP for file transfer - which I can't say enough good things about, it's just super simple and effective here in the office and homestead.

Here's a funny thing though: One of the setup options is 'Keep Phone Awake (Full CPU Speed)'. I set this the other day and since then, the phone seems infinitely quicker. Especially when waking up, but even "awake" operations seems zippier: opening apps, folders, going to the pinch-preview (in Launcher Pro).

It's curious. Now I'm a developer, so I'm always debugging and certainly there's a _ton_ of unknowns to this equation, but AFAIK, I havent' changed any configurations, added/removed any apps, etc.

Even though it's a bit of a quick leap of logic, my occasional inconsistency/stutter seems to be gone from this app keeping my phone at "full cpu speed".

I understand the OS/CPU has throttling, power balancing, etc., built in, and I'm not 100% sure is overriding that, so I'll experience a little more with it off for a day see how it runs, switch back etc.

Advertisement