1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Interesting thing regarding the battery

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gripweed, Jan 6, 2012.

1. gripweed

gripweed Android Enthusiast
    None

May 11, 2010
    I bought the extended battery...typically get 15-20 hours depending on use.

Yesterday, I decided to turn off data, just to see how long the battery would last. I went through the whole day with minimal battery drain and basically calculated it out to getting 35-40 hours on the battery. Sweet...perfect to know for when I have a long day away from the charger and I know I'll be getting a lot of calls and text.

So today I turn my data back on. After 9 hours of the phone being on, I'm only down 20%...putting me back at 45 hours on the charge after a simple calculation.

1) Did it refresh something to where I'm getting a better battery life?

2) Did it mess up my battery meter and it's saying I have more than I have? I checked the battery life by 3 different means and they were all the same.

3) Did it do something with all my syncing and nothing is syncing now? I haven't gone digging through all the apps, but everything seems normal.

So what gives?

20 hours....turn off data and get 40 hours....turn data back on and still get 40 hours.

Advertisement

2. GinoSylum

GinoSylum Newbie
    None

Dec 20, 2011
    Wow... very interesting.. keep this thread updated. Let us know how it goes. I may try this my self. I get good life as it is, but hey, if you found something, that great :D

3. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    This is why I use Juice defender. It well auto connect you to WiFi turns off data after awhile of no use. Then will reenable it every 15 minutes on my setting and refresh certain apps

4. ZachMob

ZachMob Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 12, 2011
    The phone battery will last a long time if you have a good network signal and leave it mostly in idle.

At night if I leave the phone off the charger, I will lose about 10% battery in 8 hours, connected to wifi and syncing on the standard battery. Once I start using the screen on and off through out the day, it goes down much faster.

5. gripweed

None

May 11, 2010
    I checked all my stuff. Everything is still syncing as it always has. I'm now at 13 hours at 57%.....thats still coming out to like 30 hours on the charge.

This is with an hours worth of streaming via Bluetooth on my commute today too. Facebook syncing every two hours, twitter every four. I sent some texts, used the phone a bit, typical day.

Says screen is at 25%. That's pretty typical for me, but I seem to be getting an extra ten hours since turning off data that one day.

See if it keeps up all weekend. I'll probably get 8 hours now tomorrow.

6. gripweed

None

May 11, 2010

I honestly don't use my phone that much. Very seldom play games on it...if anything it's texting.

I'm usually already giving it a charge at 8 or 9 pm....don't even have half my battery gone today.

7. gripweed

None

May 11, 2010
    Now I have an issue....since I turned data back on....I can't send or receive mms.....any ideas? I've rebooted and what not.

Tags: