• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Interesting tidbit about where to put roms/themes

tgulch22

Android Enthusiast
Feb 22, 2010
Perrysburg, OH
I have discovered that in fact zips do not need to be on the root of the SD card. I did this accidentally by copying my theme into the tmp folder and not the root and when I went to choose a zip I chose the tmp folder and it opened up and showed the theme zip. I think this may be a solution to that very messy SD root with all those zips all over it.

I have discovered that in fact zips do not need to be on the root of the SD card. I did this accidentally by copying my theme into the tmp folder and not the root and when I went to choose a zip I chose the tmp folder and it opened up and showed the theme zip. I think this may be a solution to that very messy SD root with all those zips all over it.

i didnt know anyone thought that they had to be on the root of the card...it was just the update.zip from old recovery that had to be on the root

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones