• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

intermittent pink screen on tv with OTT mxq pro box

dpollett

Lurker
Jul 25, 2016
Hi all, just bought an mxq pro box but when connected the screen flashes to pink and green every few minutes. It corrects itself and then recurrs a few minutes later. Its like a communication issue or something. This doesn't happen connecting my tablet to the tv so must be a box issue. Many thanks for any advice Duncan

I'll bet that it's either the cable or the connectors/connection on/to the TV or the box.
Another (less likely) possibility is that your house has old wiring and circuit interference makes the box jumpy.
Tried new cables, the wiring is good only 3yrs old. As I said been running kodi etc through my tablets for yrs on the tv, no problems. Used the tablet again last night. It's only with this new tv box, been told it could be rgb settings as there are lots of similar problems people have when I Google search. But not found a cure yet thanks

Upvote 0
Is your TV a Philips, by any chance?
Can you change the color calibration settings on the TV?

Some older tvs won't accept a 1080p signal, even if they are 'full HD'. They will accept a 1080i one, though.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Have you tried connecting to your TV with analog cables?
(An A/V connector cable jack is in the rear of your box.)

I copied this post from somewhere else... It may help if you want to use the AV method.

The AV output does work, but:

1. It only activates if you power up the box with AV connected and HDMI not connected.

2. It is set by factory default to PAL video mode, so unless you have a PAL-compatible TV (50 Hz), you will get a b&w picture rolling too rapidly to see.

To set it to NTSC video mode you need to navigate blind to the Setup - Display screen and change the first field from the 576 lines option (PAL) to the 480 lines option (NTSC), without being able to see what you're doing.

From the Home screen it's: right, right, ok, right, ok, down, ok.

Incidentally the SPDIF coax digital audio output is also disabled when you have HDMI connected, as HDMI digital audio output automatically takes precedence.

Have you tried an Android software approach?
You could install an app on your device.
There are a couple of them: one by X-Rite called ColorTrue and one by Datacolor called SpyderGallery.

I've never tried this and I don't know of any success stories but I'd try this before doing a dangerous and risky firmware upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is your TV a Philips, by any chance?
Can you change the color calibration settings on the TV?

Some older tvs won't accept a 1080p signal, even if they are 'full HD'. They will accept a 1080i one, though.

Have you tried connecting to your TV with analog cables?
(An A/V connector cable jack is in the rear of your box.)

I copied this post from somewhere else... It may help if you want to use the AV method.

Have you tried an Android software approach?
You could install an app on your device.
There are a couple of them: one by X-Rite called ColorTrue and one by Datacolor called SpyderGallery.

I've never tried this and I don't know of any success stories but I'd try this before doing a dangerous and risky firmware upgrade.
The tv is a Sony bravia kdl 32ex 402. I'll try to dig out some analogue cables and will look into the android apps solution. Many thanks for your time

Upvote 0
Hi, pink or purple screen is a problem from your TV Box. Be careful buying cheap TV Boxes from China.

This problem is usually fixed by forcing RGB colors, but it must be done by the Android TV Box manufacturer. Ask your box seller for the latest firmware version, I guess MXQ engineers already fixed this, but there are too many "factories" selling their customized motherboards that you need the correct firmware version that matches your hardware.

Here is an example of a new option added to settings in a ZERO Devices Z7CII:

25ewvfp.jpg

This screen capture has been taken from a ZERO Devices Z7CII Seven what has implemented the fix to this issue.

Reactions: Andrew Cole
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones